My client, who is a large law firm, is looking for a Technical Application Packager to join their team at their Leeds based office. The Technical Application Packager role is to support the lifecycle of the Windows 10 operating systems in delivering a fully managed and secured Operating System and application environment to the firm. This is based upon Microsoft’s infrastructures and automation and by applying best practice to ensure the integrity, function and performance of one of the firm’s key productivity platforms (through security hardening and evolution introduced through Windows 10).
- To develop, test & maintain software packages for distribution to user desktops, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise utilising MSI, App-V and other technologies.
- To build and maintain images containing operating system & core applications for distribution to user desktops, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- To maintain effective local documentation including standard operating procedures, best practices, and methodologies for application packaging and OS deployment.
- To maintain skills in Microsoft Windows, OS deployment and software packaging technologies, including assessing how they may be deployed into existing services or developed into new ones.
- Application packaging and operating system deployment; to supervise or mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Assist with the development of technical methodologies, best practice, policies, procedures and associated documentation relating to application packaging and deployment.
- Assist in maintaining the Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure used for the management and deployment of AG Windows 10 clients and software worldwide.
- Target regular security and functionality patching of Windows 7 computers throughout the AG estate, including VDI and internationally. This includes managing and updating of all applications and add ons delivered via SCCM
- Test and validation of new Laptops and Desktop types purchased by the firm, including updating SCCM task sequence, drivers and maintaining technical standards.
- Development, test and deployment on new Windows 10 releases, including service packs and major enhancements.
- Escalation point from 1st, 2nd and 3rd line engineers in regard to the Windows 10 technical architecture including but not limited to;
- User State Virtualisation
- XenDesktop VDI
- Operate in an ITIL focused service delivery framework, including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Microsoft Administration knowledge (e.g. Active Directory and Powershell Scripting)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft System Centre 2012
- Understanding of DNS and DHCP
- Passion for technology and technical challenges
- Ability to automate processes using SCORCH and PowerShell scripts
- Ability to produce high quality documentation
- Experience of creating images/applicatoin packages using SCCM/MDT
- Knowledge of updating and delivering packages to Citric XenDesktop environment
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
If you’re interested in the Technical Application Packager role, please apply.