My client, who is a large law firm, is looking for Technical Application Analyst to join their team at their Leeds office. The primary responsibility of the IT Technical Applications Team is third-line technical and operational support and management of the firms Application Portfolio.
Members of the IT Technical Applications Team must have excellent troubleshooting skills as well as a thorough knowledge of the company’s products, services, and Service Management processes. In addition, Technical Application Analysts work with the Technical Operations Team and our infrastructure Managed Service Provider to ensure the provision of consistent, high quality technical and customer services to the firm, with minimum disruption.
Tier 3 Level technical support and management of the Firms Application Portfolio, these include;
- Finance Applications, Practice Management Applications, CRM, Time Recording, Financial Reporting, Information Barrier, Integration Hub, Document Management, Document Assembly, HR, Workflow, ITSM, Sharepoint operating across multiple platforms/technologies (Web, Desktop, Mobile, Virtual Desktop, Cloud)
- Managing application patching/upgrades to ensure concurrency and ensure
- Querying and trouble shooting SQL databases and creation of Ad Hoc reports
- Work to defined Service Level Agreements, Operational Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Operate in accordance with appropriate industry best practices and standards (eg: ITIL V3, ISO27001 etc)
- Creation and update of appropriate artefacts (support documentation, policies, standards) to enable and encourage a consistent and effective support performance from the Technical Operations Team and the wider IT Team
- Seeks the appropriate information required, from a wide range of sources, on which to make decisions which enhance the value of the team to the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Demonstrable advanced experience of any of the following applications/technologies:
- Elite Enterprise, CarpeDiem, Wall Builder / Integration Builder, Workflow Technologies, Sharepoint, Service Now, Exari, iManage, BigHand as well as standard Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrable aptitude in T-SQL, Management of SQL Servers (2005/2008/2012) and working with ODBC connections
- Knowledge of SCCM 2012 and ability to troubleshoot deployments / issues
- Understanding of Windows Server, including but not limited to:
- Windows Services, Windows Scheduled tasks, Investigating Event Logs / Error Logs
- Experience of supporting applications running across multiple platforms (Web, Desktop, Virtual Desktop, Mobile), also to include Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS).
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies with relative ease and to apply new learning to problem investigation / fault resolution
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement, shares lessons learned with colleagues and encourages others to do the same
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills. In particular the ability to see patterns and solutions where others may not.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently and interact with project teams & Support Teams effectively.
- Microsoft, ITIL or other appropriate qualifications are desirable.
- Customer focused with a passion and drive to deliver customer satisfaction and value to the business
If you are interested in the Technical Application Analyst role, please apply.