My client, who is listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, are looking for a Solution Architect to join their team at their Halifax based office. As a Solution Architect, you will contribute to developing and implementing architectural principles, standards, policies and offer solution governance.
The Solution Architect, will be responsible for creating high level solution models and solution architectures for assigned projects assigned with business requirements. You will also be responsible for assuring that the solution will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate! Benefits include a 7.5% bonus, up to 9% pension, flexible working and 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Creating high level solution models and solution architectures for assigned projects aligned to business requirements
- Contributing to the development of the Target Architecture aligned to the business strategy
- Be the design authority on projects ensuring adherence to architecture and design standards and the Target Architecture
- Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and utilise individuals with relevant expertise to assist them
- Be involved in high profile, large scale complex projects and programmes.
- Provide support in the creation of the IS/IT Strategy
- Develop the technical capability of the organisation and coach other solution architects
- Drive’s solution adoption, can build consensus and acceptance of a solution, and supports the delivery team actively resolving constraints
- Ensure a well-defined set of requirements exist to support the architecture creation process, a prerequisite being that the requirements have been agreed with the customer.
- Review changes, proposals and designs to ensure compliance with roadmaps, standards and principles.
- Work with the business analysts to ratify the business requirements so that solutions are fit for purpose.
- Produce specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using evaluated and selected products
- Work with the developers to develop the detailed system designs.
- Provide assurance for High and Low level technical and architectural documentation, such as; applications design and definition documents, infrastructure documents (sizing, reference architectures, growth estimates, throughput etc.), live migration documents and the clear definition of external and internal interfaces to other products and services.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Principle point of escalation for solution driven architecture matters within an assigned business area.
- Engage with assigned business area teams to understand the business and commercial landscape.
- Exposure to one or more architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Strong commercial and customer awareness and a proven track record of ensuring the customer is always at the forefront of decision making.
- Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures.
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex IT systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of business processes, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, and business transformation
- Strong background in conducting business process definition and ensuring credibility with business
- Experienced in communicating to non-technical audiences
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
- Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with the clients longer term strategy
If you are a Solution Architect who is keen to get your foot in the door with a growing team where you can make a difference from day one, then this is the role for you!
If you are interested in the Solution Architect role please apply and Ellie will give you a call back to discuss the role and company in further detail.