My client, who is a large financial services organisation listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary Squad (c. 10 people), within one of the product delivery Tribes.
My client is offering a very competitive salary with an excellent range of benefits such as flexible working, up to 9% pension and bonus scheme. The Senior Data Engineer will follow best practices for data engineering and contribute towards continuously improving the processes, standards and tools used for delivery.
Skills and Experience:**
- Experienced Data Engineer who appreciates the benefits of streaming over batch processing
- Experienced with using Kafka, Avro, Schema Registry and Kafka Connect (Essential)
- DevOps mentality of building and operating solutions with observability, including monitoring and logging, in mind
- AWS and Azure cloud exposure including compute, storage, account permissions, networking etc.
- Experience with Git, CI and CD
- Experienced with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Exposure to streaming event-driven applications and microservices
- Experience with using containers with Kubernetes/Docker/Rancher
- Exposure to Data Lake and Warehouse concepts
- Experience with Java/Scala/Python
- Experience with a relational database
- Experience with automated test tooling
- Work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and implement products by applying knowledge of design principles, procedures and practices
- Collecting data and optimising data flows to their full potential, working in a cross-functional team as well as with the wider business to fulfil their data needs
- Working with Platform Engineers and Testers to deliver your data solutions all the way into production
- Demonstrating a DevOps mindset with operational considerations always at the forefront of your thinking
- Ensuring testability, observability and documentation are part of everything that you do to make the systems you build easy to support
- Apply extensive knowledge of design principles & patterns, procedures and practices
- Contributes to the relevant scrum events; sprint planning / user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews / demos and retrospectives
- Investigate and develop prototypes and proof of concepts using new technical developments relevant to component area of expertise
If you are interested in the Senior Data Engineer role, please apply.
Senior Data Engineer
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
|Job Category||Engineer, Senior|