My client, who is listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, are looking for a Scrum Master to join the Scrum team at their West Malling, Kent based office. The Scrum Master will coach and guide the Scrum team, ensuring the team applies Scrum principles appropriately and that the agile events take place. As a Scrum Master you will report into the Agile Delivery Manager and be responsible for supporting the Scrum team in achieving the sprint goals and commitment agreed within sprint planning.
The successful Scrum Master will enjoy a competitive salary, flexible working, bonus scheme, pension scheme and many other flexi benefits my client offers.
- Facilitates the sprint planning meeting, ensuring the team reach a collective agreement on the user stories that will be accepted into the sprint (i.e. there is an agreed sprint backlog and sprint plan)
- Orchestrate the daily Scrum meetings and promote active participation from the team, engaging with all team members to ensure everyone is working towards the sprint goal
- Facilitates the sprint retrospectives, ensuring that the actions are completed, and the learning and improvements are shared within the team and to the wider community
- Facilitates the sprint reviews, ensuring that the team review their progress against the agreed sprint goal, and that any product increment delivered is demonstrated to stakeholders, customers and the wider community, as appropriate
- Provide transparency on the team’s activity/progress through the use of shared tools and reports e.g. maintaining a visible and up-to-date Scrum board
- Track and use empirical data of Scrum team (e.g. story points commitment and completion through historic sprints) to inform estimating and drive improvements in velocity
- In conjunction with the Scrum team, identify and remove any potential impediments to the delivery of the agreed sprint commitment
- Manage any emerging dependencies throughout the sprint, escalating where necessary
- Experience in using analysis tools & techniques including wireframes and business process modelling
- Good understanding of software development practices such as BDD / TDD principles, continuous integration, and web/mobile technologies
- Good knowledge of agile Scrum framework and practices
- Demonstrable ability to support and influence teams in applying agile principles and maintaining focus on development of high-quality output to achieve sprint goals
- Able to apply agile analysis techniques specifically for defining and creating user stories, acceptance criteria and in particular how to run and use them effectively to achieve the expected sprint outcome
- Able to produce high quality supporting artefacts to assist the team in the development of a feature
- Proactive in problem solving and ensuring the right people are involved in delivery
- Able to manage development cycles in a high-pressured environment with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Able to problem solve, particularly when impediments arise that block development, using good judgement to involve the right stakeholders at the right time
- Strong team working and collaboration skills demonstrated in Scrum/agile environments
If you are interested in the Scrum Master role in West Malling, please apply and Ellie will give you a call back to discuss the role and company in further detail.
|Job Category||Scrum Master|