My client an award winning organisation are looking for a Product Owner to join their established software team. The Product Owner will be joining an IT Team which has been heavily invested in and looking to double in size within the next 6-12 months.
The Product Owner role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals as well as current & future technical capabilities.
- Work with business stakeholders supported by the Development Manager and in cooperation with the Project Manager to define the scope, prioritize requirements and assess impact.
- Work closely, creating alignment, with the Project Manager (who owns the product roadmap) and being responsible for the technical roadmap.
- Working closely with the development teams to ensure a thorough understanding of project requirements, developing scope, and defining development backlog items that guide the software development team.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams. Ensure the specifications unambiguously matches the requirements defined by product.
- Maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of development items for implementation by the development teams.
- Prioritising workloads and agreeing deadlines between stakeholders and the development teams.
- Acting as a proxy to bridge gap between business and technology teams understanding of requirements to ensure the development team deliver what is required.
- Deliver the product vision set up by senior management and convey that vision to delivery teams.
- Working with the Development Manager to ensure alignment with the strategic technological roadmap.
My client is looking for someone with a background in software development and product ownership and a minimum of 5 years’ general commercial experience as a product business analysist, owner, or other similar role.
My client is looking for experience in the following:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good business analysis skills.
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and structured change management.
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Flexible dealing with all areas and different types of work and problems.
- Ability to understand and interpret the differences between how stakeholders define problems and how developers interpret them.
- Knowledge of development within different project delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Good Product Owner skills.
- Strong people skills, able to get the best out of colleagues you work with.
Excellent opportunity to work with a great software development team.
Immediate interviews/start available.
If you are interested in the role, please apply and Josh will call you to discuss further.
|Job Category||Product Owner|