My client, who is listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, are looking for a Product Owner to join their team at their Halifax based office. As a Product Owner, you will report into the Lead Product Owner and work with them on the creation of the product roadmap. The Product Owner will be able to describe the value and vision for proposed roadmap items and how they help the business achieve its objectives.
The Product Owner, you will be able to communicate well with development teams and stakeholders and be able to identify and explain how value can be driven out of changes or new features within a product.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package are on offer for the successful candidate! Benefits include a 5% bonus, up to 9% pension, flexible working and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Own and manage a backlog that works towards the strategic objectives outlined by your Lead Product Owner in the product roadmap
- Lead discovery sessions with business analysts and stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are clearly defined, and that there are agreed measurable outcomes to demonstrate success
- Make prioritisation calls from a position of knowledge about the relative value of different roadmap items
- Work with BA’s and the wider team to ensure business requirements translate to user stories and acceptance criteria that the team agree to and can work from to deliver the value you expect
- Work with the development team using the SCRUM framework to deliver regular iterations
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that iterations are expected, deliver value and are taken to live easily
- Anticipate business need through looking ahead and predicting future work, challenges with solutions or untapped opportunities
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders; including the delivery of current work, key decisions that need to be made, changes in strategy and how opportunities for future value are identified
- Strong experience of working in an agile environment
- Ability to work as a SCRUM PO
- Experience of working within the insurance industry (beneficial but not essential)
- Experience of delivering products
If you are a Product Owner who is keen to get your foot in the door with a growing team where you can make a difference from day one and progress with your career, then this is the role for you!
If you are interested in the Product Owner role, please apply and Anna will give you a call back to discuss the role and company in further detail.