Problem and Major Incident Manager
My client who are a large financial services organisation are recruiting for a Problem and Major Incident Manager to join their service operations management team. This role will offer a competitive salary, generous pension and bonus along with clear career progression. The client is listed in the top 100 companies to work for, along with being awarded gold investors of people.
This position is well suited to someone with proven experience, who can hit the ground running.
As a Problem and Major Incident Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Devise and develop new methods of proactive problem management using new technology and processes to shift focus from a reactive to proactive function.
- Operate and Maintain the Major Incident process and governance framework.
- Communicate Incident Status, resolution & business impact to internal, externa & executive stakeholders.
- Collaborative with a variety of technical teams, project managers and executive leadership to get the right results
- Proactively liaising with the risk team to ensure all business issues, where appropriate, are managed by the risk management team to conclusion.
- Promote the virtues and benefits of Problem management and create a collaborative culture across the wider business in support of a high functioning process
- Manage the resolution of Major Incidents with Internal & External Teams
- Manage the completion of post incident reviews and major incident follow up actions for all high severity, critically impactful incidents. Ensuring all service improvements identified are put in place.
- Gathering data and generating reports within ServiceNow to provide trending of major incidents, promote best practice, prevent recurrences and drive root cause analysis.
- Represent the team on all Change Advisory Boards and major change walkthroughs.
- Management of all escalations or queries on the major incident process.
- Conduct reviews into the effectiveness of the major incident & Problem processes driving a continuous cycle of service improvement, feeding in to the C.S.I process.
- Drive efforts to improve overall service stability by ensuring Problem resolution and produce appropriate statistics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the process. Baseline, improve and re-measure against the agreed KPIs.
- Proactively escalate priority problems and work closely with Service Managers to ensure Service issues are managed appropriately and stakeholders informed regularly
- Using analysis to construct successful outcomes. To provide compelling business cases in order to address the root cause of problems
The ideal Problem and Major Incident Manager should have the following skills:
- Strong senior level stakeholder management.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to prioritise multiple high priority issues, at any given time, without sacrificing SLA commitments.
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure services, application development methods such as agile delivery
- Good business awareness and an understanding of the impact of incidents and problems on the client’s business
- Experience of working within a problem-solving environment
- Ability to drive through identified improvements to both systems and processes currently used within the incident and problem management processes.
- Recognises the importance of the customer through gaining feedback and using it as a basis for decision making
- Reflects constructively and remains positive when faced with setbacks and continues to work towards a solution.
If you are interested in the Problem and Major Incident Manager, please send your CV and I will call you back.
Problem and Major Incident Manager