My client, who is a large financial services organisation is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary Squad (c. 10 people), within one of the product delivery Tribes. The Lead Data Engineer will follow best practices for data engineering and contribute towards continuously improving the processes, standards and tools used for delivery. They will work with IT Service to manage the continuous integration and delivery approach, including automated deployment of software into production, and oversee the resolution of incidents for software they own. The Lead Data Engineer will also provide training and mentoring for all development team members and be a significant participant in the Engineering Chapter.
The ideal Lead Data Engineer/Senior Data Engineer should have the following skills:
- Experienced Data Engineer who appreciates the benefits of streaming over batch processing
- Experienced with using Kafka, Avro, Schema Registry and Kafka Connect
- DevOps mentality of building and operating solutions with observability, including monitoring and logging, in mind
- AWS and Azure cloud exposure including compute, storage, account permissions, networking etc.
- Experience with Git, CI and CD
- Experienced with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Exposure to streaming event-driven applications and microservices
- Experience with using containers with Kubernetes/Docker/Rancher
- Exposure to Data Lake and Warehouse concepts
- Experience with Java/Scala/Python
- Experience with a relational database
- Experience with automated test tooling
If you are interested in the Lead Data Engineer / Senior Data Engineer, please click apply and I will call you back.
|Job Category||Engineer, Lead|