Halifax, Reading or West Malling
Our client is looking for a number of Infrastructure Engineers to join their team. The Infrastructure Engineer will be working alongside the backup and recovery specialist to deliver robust manageable service. The successful Infrastructure Engineer will be experienced with the design, configuration and support of Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, SCCM, Storage and hardware and can feed long term issues into project roadmaps.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for;
- Assist with the Microsoft Patching cycle for the Server Infrastructure
- Assist the software, firmware and patching of all Infrastructure devices.
- Assist and resolve vulnerabilities detected by our internal Information Security team.
- Lead infrastructure or technical projects; deliver to agreed cost / quality / timeframes
- Will work with project teams on medium to high complexity / size / scope
- Work with other project team members to ensure consistency and commonality in technology standards.
- Serve as third level of contact for complex end user and server support issues for internal or external customers
- Serve as a technical expert to less experienced staff
- Monitor markets, trends and evolving technology and identify opportunities of future value to the department or company
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to your skills and experience
The Infrastructure Engineer will have experience in;
Windows Server technologies
Backup and Recovery procedures
Patch cycles and the importance of maintaining a secure environments
VMware and storage
Produce solutions to issues and problems that are unique and bespoke
Can act as a mentor to junior, less experienced staff
Able to deliver results – a self-starter and a finisher
Qualifications preferred but not essential:
Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
Microsoft MCSA \ MCSE
If you’re interested in the Infrastructure Engineer role, please apply and Ellie will give you a call to discuss further.
|Job Category||Engineer, Infrastructure, Support|